Wiki New Coder looking for Resume Feedback

jenowugrad

Best answers
Hello everyone! I just passed my certification test in August 2019. I am switching careers, so I would like some feedback on my resume. Is there any other information that I should add? I look forward to any feedback!

Attachments

• Jennifer Baumgartner CPC-A Resume 2019.pdf
    117.3 KB · Views: 46
Do you have any relevant medical experience or medical billing? Have you taken a medical terminology course? These things are important when you sart looking for employment. Good luck with your new endeavor! It's a challenging field and ever changing, but very worthwhile.

Do you have any relevant medical experience or medical billing? Have you taken a medical terminology course? These things are important when you sart looking for employment. Good luck with your new endeavor! It's a challenging field and ever changing, but very worthwhile.
I took the medical terminology, anatomy, and CPC prep course through AAPC. I have worked in my dad's office, which is practice management for radiologist. The job experience is my last entry at the bottom. Do I need to add in the other information?

I don't see anything on here about experience in practice management for radiology. If that's what CMPM experience was, you need a better way to describe and highlight that ASAP! I would also recommend an objective statement at the beginning. What are you looking for? Are you willing to work somewhere as a biller or front desk to get some experience under your belt until you can drop the -A? Incorporate your 3 year experience in radiology practice management into the objective statement. My other critique would be to shorten all the aspects/responsibilities as a teacher & in finance. I agree it's an important job with important responsibilities, but typically the people interviewing you are looking at dozens of resumes and interviewing dozens of candidates and will most often not even read all the lines in a lengthy resume, specifically for unrelated job backgrounds. By the time they get to CMPM, they will not still be reading your resume.
Good luck on your new path!