Wiki New POS rules

jaimie567

Contributor
Best answers
Hi Everyone,
I work for teleradiology provider based out of Orlando, FL with radiologists and customers located across the United States. I am enquiring about the new POS rules that are coming into effect on April 1, 2013.

The vast majority of our business is done with portable imaging providers and IDTFs. Our customers historically have billed globally for our services and paid us a flat fee for each x-ray / ultrasound that we read. We have contracts with our customers and radiologists.

My question is: Under the new POS guidance, that was issued, How do we bill for a portable x-ray or ultrasound that was performed in Florida and read in Hawaii? The guidance seems to say that the POS is the location of the technical component (FL) and at the same time that the Radiologist's home office in HI is the location of the service. Where should the professional component be billed? FL or HI? Can our customer bill the professional component if our physician signs an 855 R to reassign benefits? If so, does that change the location of where the PC is billed?

Thank you,
Jaimie Cook