Wiki New to Podiatry Coding. Help!

Best answers
Let me start by saying I am new to podiatry coding. I am confused how to bill a slant back procedure and have been researching this and have found several different opinions.....(imagine that...lol)
1-Its included in the office visit.
2-Use CPT 11730
3-Use CPT 11765
I do understand that you cant bill for nail debridement (11720) and a slant back procedure together unless it is on separate nails and I would need the 59 modifier and it would need to be clearly documented, that being said I have found that on some of our office notes it is documented that a slant back was performed but the they code it as a debridement (11720). Before I go to the provider with these issues, I want clarification for myself. If there is any current reference material you can guide me to, I would appreciate it.
Thank You,
Crystal Neal, CPC

Crystal, I see you did not receive an answer to this. Which way did you decide to go? 11730 requires local anesthesia with injection, 11765 is hardly ever billed, I have been coding Podiatry for 20 years and have only coded this maybe twice, 11720 is not appropriate because debridement means length AND thickness or bulk. The most appropriate would be an E&M ONLY if the doctor documents treatment of the condition such as topical antibiotic, bandaging, counseling and planning. I bill the E&M primarily.
Tonia Silva
CPC, CPPM