Wiki Newbie: Does 96372 also need the Jcode for drug being injected?

Hi Newbie
Yes add the J code too and amount of medication given linked with the dx code on reason getting injection for pain, vitamin boost Etc.. You can find name of injectable and J code in the HCPCS manual. The nurse should list amount, date, time , which doctor ordered it, and her name plus where injection given on body. If injection due to cancer, .chemotherapy use CPT 96360 per 1 each hour , Cancer injectable medication then use Cancer dx and Z51 block as first dx. If vaccines given, use dx Z23 first then 90741 per age of patient (check CPT manual) and injectables.
I hope I helped you
Lady T

Last edited:
Newbie: Does 96372 also need the Jcode for drug being injected? I found conflicting info in the CPT bk & coder's specialty guide for family practice
We add the medication if we're supplying it from our office, some patients bring the medicine with them from the pharmacy so in that case we don't add the J code, we just bill the 96372 injection code.

If the patient brings in the medicine to be injected, ie.: B-12, testosterone, then we only charge 96372. The only time we bill 96372 with a J code is if we supplied the meds, ie: decadron, zofran.