Wiki Newly Certified & Job Seeking

Look at the payer and data analytics/medical review side of things. RN coders are in high demand (even if newly certified CPC). In hiring, I would disregard a coding experience requirement in some cases, as the RN trumps it if you have a basic understanding of coding and earned a CPC. Utilization review, quality review (reviewing med records prior to coding), medical necessity, etc. (As suggested by the post above) I would also recommend applying for what you think would be a good fit even if it says you need experience, doesn't hurt to try. I have gotten roles that said in the paperwork you needed a few things I did not have, yet I still got the job. Large hospital systems also want RN coders to work in compliance, quality, auditing and CDI type roles. Clinical (RN, LPN, MA, CNA, PT, PTA, MD, etc.) coders that have worked directly on the clinical side are 100% more desireable in my opinion.

Examples:

Just google RN Coder or RN Medical Review, etc.

Look at the payer and data analytics/medical review side of things. RN coders are in high demand (even if newly certified CPC). In hiring, I would disregard a coding experience requirement in some cases, as the RN trumps it if you have a basic understanding of coding and earned a CPC. Utilization review, quality review (reviewing med records prior to coding), medical necessity, etc. (As suggested by the post above) I would also recommend applying for what you think would be a good fit even if it says you need experience, doesn't hurt to try. I have gotten roles that said in the paperwork you needed a few things I did not have, yet I still got the job. Large hospital systems also want RN coders to work in compliance, quality, auditing and CDI type roles. Clinical (RN, LPN, MA, CNA, PT, PTA, MD, etc.) coders that have worked directly on the clinical side are 100% more desireable in my opinion.

Examples:

Just google RN Coder or RN Medical Review, etc.
Hello Amy! I am also newly certified CPC-A with no experience and no background about medical field. Currently, I just move to Ofallon, MO. As your links gave above and I have been searching for a job with position as a medical coder but most required experiences. Do you have any advice to look for a job as medical coding entry level or any position that I could put my foot in door? I do really appreciate for your help and insight.
Thank you & Have you a great day!

Phuong Le

Hello Amy! I am also newly certified CPC-A with no experience and no background about medical field. Currently, I just move to Ofallon, MO. As your links gave above and I have been searching for a job with position as a medical coder but most required experiences. Do you have any advice to look for a job as medical coding entry level or any position that I could put my foot in door? I do really appreciate for your help and insight.
Thank you & Have you a great day!

Phuong Le
I would recommend using the search function in these forums as this question has been asked and answered hundreds of times. There is some very great advice in the forums already present. Good luck.

I would recommend using the search function in these forums as this question has been asked and answered hundreds of times. There is some very great advice in the forums already present. Good luck.
Thank you for your time and advice. I will look and read more in the forums to get more information.
Have a good day :)