Wiki Nipple Recon vs Reduction- PLEASE HELP

Sclaborn

New
Best answers
I have never come across anything of this sort..I am unsure :confused::confused:as too how to code this and would appreciate any help/suggestions...Please see below- Thank you in advance!! :):)

Preop dx: Nipple asymmetry post reconstruction
Postop dx : Same

Operations: Left nipple reduction Surgery

Pre-op indications: pt. is a 60 year old woman w/ a hx of BRCA and has done well. She had a unilateral recon and now has an increased projection of the left nipple as opposed to the right and desires correction of this... (RISK, BLEEDING, DEATH, ETC.)

pROCEDURE: The pt. was marked and laid supine on the table. The nipple to be reduced was agreed upon w/ the pt. Adequate anesthesia was maintained w/ 5cc of 1% lidocaine w/ epinephrine as a field block. Ten minutes was allowed for this to take effect. A #15 blade was to amputate the excess nipple tissue. The nipple tissue was sent to path for permanent section. The nipple tissue was cleaned and dried, and hemostatis was acheieved with needlepoint elctrcautery. The wound was brought together w/ interrupted 5-0 Prolene suture. The areas was cleaned and dried and dressed w/ Neopsporin, 4x4, and paper taped...

I appreciate any input/suggestions.. THANK YOU!!