• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

NP, walk-in,laceration repair, chronic conditions..help!

kgarcia1

Guest
Messages
9
Hello, I am new to coding and need help. We had a New PT walk-in during regularly scheduled patients, in need of a laceration repair. She has RA and Asthma and takes meds to treat them. She was also in need of a Tetnus shot. Would I code a 12002(3.5cm repair), 99203-25, 90471-25, 90703? I guess my uncertainty lies with the E/M visit and the laceration repair? Also, she disrupted our normally scheduled patients...Should I code the 99058? Any input is GREATLY appreciated!
 
Ok, was she just seen because of the laceration or was she also wanting to establish care while she was at it?

There is nothing wrong with the new E/M, lac, and tetanus shot. I just question the level of the new visit. A detailed exam seems a bit much to me if she presented just for the laceration repair. I just have a hard time seeing that much exam but it could just be me.

As far as the 99058 it really depends on your carrier. We don't charge that because most of our carriers reject it as provider write off.

Laura, CPC, CPMA, CEMC
 
Top