Wiki O75.3 other infection during labor

Best answers
I would like to know if the O75.3 would be appropriate to code when the patient is GBS+ but the antibiotics were not started throughout the course of her labor. Documentation notes GBS did not complicate labor but intrapartum/postpartum the patient became tachy and ran a fever due to GBS infection. Patient was treated with antibiotics and her length of stay was extended to complete the course of antibiotics and to stabilize fevers. Patient was discharged on antibiotics.

My question is
1. Is O75.3 exclusive to sepsis during labor OR could this be any other infection (i.e.. GBS+)?
2. Secondly, would the more appropriate code be O99.824?
3. If this patient was truly septic wouldn't the more appropriate code be puerperal sepsis (O85) since Puerperal sepsis is defined as an infection of the genital tract occurring at any time between rupture of membrane or labor and 42 days? So when would the O75.3 code ever be used if Puerperal starts any time between rupture of membrane or labor?

I would like to know if the O75.3 would be appropriate to code when the patient is GBS+ but the antibiotics were not started throughout the course of her labor. Documentation notes GBS did not complicate labor but intrapartum/postpartum the patient became tachy and ran a fever due to GBS infection. Patient was treated with antibiotics and her length of stay was extended to complete the course of antibiotics and to stabilize fevers. Patient was discharged on antibiotics.

My question is
1. Is O75.3 exclusive to sepsis during labor OR could this be any other infection (i.e.. GBS+)?
2. Secondly, would the more appropriate code be O99.824?
3. If this patient was truly septic wouldn't the more appropriate code be puerperal sepsis (O85) since Puerperal sepsis is defined as an infection of the genital tract occurring at any time between rupture of membrane or labor and 42 days? So when would the O75.3 code ever be used if Puerperal starts any time between rupture of membrane or labor?
I would report O99.825 as the treatment was started post delivery. O75.3 includes sepsis but is not exclusive for sepsis.