Wiki Ob antepartum

Jamiemrph485

Networker
Best answers
Our state Medicaid does not allow us to bill ob care globally. So I am struggling with e/m visits the provider documents gestational age whether or not pt has had fetal movement, loss of fluid. FHT, edema, check urine, fundal height, vitals, mood. Then they will say when they want pt to return. They are dropping a 99213 but my mdm is 1 established problem, review of urine and then risk factor I feel like should be low? Does anyone have advice or suggestions.

coding medical products

In our office we bill medical like this: first visit with urine test as 99203(13) mod 25 and 81025 for pregnancy test, then after this first consultation we bill with "Z" codes Z1032 for next visit and then Z1034 for the next 8 to 13 visits, at the time of delivery we bill only the delivery by itself not global, so medical and medicasl products are paying w our a problem, i hope this can help you, :)

99213 issue

It sounds like a potential documentation issue where time counseling may be a factor. We addressed this by adding a checklist to the provider's template where they can indicate topics that may be covered in the visit, according to their stage of pregnancy. Examples: lifestyle counseling, growth patterns of fetus, domestic violence screenings, etc...