Wiki Online CPC training courses

mmcneil

New
Best answers
I am currently a CPC and went through Excelisor training but my company is looking for another training course for some other staff. We're not sure if the self-study option offered by the AAPC is the best option for all the staff and were looking for other suggestions. What courses did anyone take and how would you rate the education you received from them? Thanks :)

I completed the online training through the AAPC, completed the course in 2 months, rather than 4, and it made me very well prepared, passing the exam the first time with a 91. I have found that the person doing the on-line training has to be a very motivated person who really wants the CPC credential. I would definitely make sure that they keep to the 4 month course completion set by AAPC. My suggestion if you go that route is to schedule the examination out 4 months from the beginning of the course so there is a definite timeline for completion and certification. Good luck!

I completed the online training through the AAPC, completed the course in 2 months, rather than 4, and it made me very well prepared, passing the exam the first time with a 91. I have found that the person doing the on-line training has to be a very motivated person who really wants the CPC credential. I would definitely make sure that they keep to the 4 month course completion set by AAPC. My suggestion if you go that route is to schedule the examination out 4 months from the beginning of the course so there is a definite timeline for completion and certification. Good luck!

AHIMA offeres great on-line courses as well.

I took the 16- (now 20) week PMCC course from the AAPC before I sat for my CPC. As a result, I was extremely well prepared and passed easily the first time. I also purchased the CPC-H study guide, practice exams and took a CPC-H bootcamp offered by the AAPC before I sat for my CPC-H. That was also a good idea, because I passed easily. I had been billing/coding for 9 years before I sat, though.

AHIMA does have courses, but they offer CCS-P, not CPC. It's basically the same thing, but the AAPC has far more opportunities for Professional-fee coding education than AHIMA does, since they focus primarily on inpatient facility coding. So it all depends on what your staff will be doing.