Wiki Open nasal reconstruction of septal perforation

Hi! There is a great CPT Assist article from the AMA (08/2012) that addresses a similar question. In the repair described in the article, bilateral inferior turbinate flaps were created and transposed to repair the defect. The question asked if 14060 could be coded with 30630. The AMA's response was that 14060 represents an integumentary flap and not an intranasal flap as described in the question, and that the use of septal or inferior turbinate flaps for the perforation repair was included in 30630.

So in this case, I would report 30630 only. I hope that helps.

Kim
www.codingmastery.com

Hi! There is a great CPT Assist article from the AMA (08/2012) that addresses a similar question. In the repair described in the article, bilateral inferior turbinate flaps were created and transposed to repair the defect. The question asked if 14060 could be coded with 30630. The AMA's response was that 14060 represents an integumentary flap and not an intranasal flap as described in the question, and that the use of septal or inferior turbinate flaps for the perforation repair was included in 30630.

So in this case, I would report 30630 only. I hope that helps.

Kim
www.codingmastery.com
thank you