Question Open repair of the right 5th metacarpal fracture and also tenolysis of extensor digitorum quinti and EDC of the 5th finger

such78

Expert
Best answers
Procedure performed:
Open repair of the right 5th metacarpal fracture and also tenolysis of extensor digitorum quinti and EDC of the 5th finger.

In op report " A serpentine incision was then carried out over the dorsum of the 5th metacarpal. The EDQ and EDC were idenitified. This was then reflected ulnarly after releasing it from the sar tissue at the base of 5th metacarpal. The base of metacarpal fracture was displaced, and a provisional callus was identified, this was taken down. There was a malunion with a flexion deformity and aslo slight rotational callus was taken down, elevated off, and was oblique in nature It was impossible to key it back into its ideal pre-injury alignment, but the overall alignment was corrected after provisional callus was removed and reduced back down into the fracture fragment. It was then fixated with two 0.045 K-wires. Once deemed to be stable, the K-wires were then cut short and then the tendon was then allowed to retract back to its original position, which was right between the two K-wires."

Does the CPT code 26615 - open reduction metacarpal fracture single each bone cover all work? or I also need to assign 26445 tenolysis extensor tendon as well? Thank you for advice.

There is no tenolysis documented. They were cut to allow access to the fracture site. I'm assuming that they were re-attached, but that is not documented either.

Thank you for the reply. If they did tenolysis, do I have to separately report it or it is included into the open reduction procedure?