Wiki Opening Second Location

I've worked in several small clinics with multiple TIN's- what kind of questions do you have, specifically? I'll see if I can offer any inside wisdom :)

I've worked in several small clinics with multiple TIN's- what kind of questions do you have, specifically? I'll see if I can offer any inside wisdom :)
I know we will also have to have another NPI # for this clinic. I know that each provider will have to have location added as a practice location. Do you have any tips or tricks that will make the credentialing process go smoothly?

Well I do know you don't have to have a separate NPI- there are instances where multiple locations can use a single (I believe it's called) Type 2 NPI- it can umbrella all of your locations, if I remember correctly. You can have your primary location set as where all correspondence/remittances/payments are sent to, and it would be listed as the Billing NPI (in HCFA Box 33a). Choosing to have a separate one though, is absolutely up to the practice- whether a current NPI one can be edited to include other offices though, I am not sure. Obviously the individual Type 1 NPI's wouldn't change, but be sure NPPES knows which providers are practicing at more than one location. Keep PECOS & CAQH updated for your providers, as it's really important for credentialing as a whole, especially when there are multiple offices. Also be sure the taxonomies are appropriate for everyone, including the practice. Getting this all updated with your contracted insurances...is a whole other mess, haha! It can take as long as each insurance pleases, and can (and will) include a lot of back-and-forth. When I credentialed a satellite office, I kept a folder specific to that location alone, with several copies of everything I sent out, as well as detailed notes- who I spoke to, when, what phone number, etc. There are also free excel spreadsheets out there that might help keep everything organized, but I'm sure you've got all that down! I hope this helped- I have a lot of little bits of knowledge about lots of different things, and sometime I think something will apply, but really doesn't. :) good luck, and congrats on expanding your practice!

When credentialing a group but the individual CAQH has already been created. Do i need to create another CAQH for the group since its a diff NPI. or can i add this to the individual CAQH?