Wiki Outcomes & Session Rating Scales

mkm1517

Guru
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
If your office completes the ORS & SRS at each visit, do you code for it? My thought is this would be bundled into the counseling code. If you do code it, which codes do you use? What documentation is needed to support coding it? Currently my providers are saying "ORS & SRS completed" and then they code 96150 or 96151. I'm just wondering how other offices do this. Thanks!

If your office completes the ORS & SRS at each visit, do you code for it? My thought is this would be bundled into the counseling code. If you do code it, which codes do you use? What documentation is needed to support coding it? Currently my providers are saying "ORS & SRS completed" and then they code 96150 or 96151. I'm just wondering how other offices do this. Thanks!

I think you will find your answer if you read the information just prior to the 96150 code section. There are specific instructions listed there and it states you do not code 96150 to96155 in addition to counseling codes on the same date of service. These codes are related to patient biophysical health status.