Wiki Partial vs. Total/Complete Omentectomy with 58575

Best answers
Hello everyone, I have a question regarding code 58575: Laparoscopy, surgical, total hysterectomy for resection of malignancy (tumor debulking) with omentectomy including sapingo-oophorectomy, unilateral or bilateral, when performed. The code does not specify if Omentectomy is complete/total. The case I am reviewing included a partial omentectomy. I am just checking to see if anyone has clarity on this. I have researched but have found no definitive answer to my question. CPT Assistant clarifies with codes 58953 and 58956 that omentectomy can be either partial or total. Thank you all in advance.

In my opinion, if partial omentectomy is performed along with the TLH with debulking, 58575 would be appropriate. No modifier -52 required.
Here is a prior discussion about it that includes references for my rationale:
Thank you so much Christine, I did see that prior discussion as well, I just needed to get opinions from my fellow coders on any further clarification/affirmation. I do believe that it does not matter what type of Omentectomy is performed (partial vs. total), that it is inclusive and would not need to append modifier 52 if it was a partial omentectomy. I thank you for taking the time to respond to my inquiry.