Wiki Pathology returns as not an actual polyp

ngastroent

Best answers
I'm tired of searching but pretty sure I've seen this question before in here. A patient recently had a colonoscopy with what the doctor is stating had a polyp removal (he listed 45385 on his rounding sheet besides stating it as polyp removal on the procedure report). Pathology has come back stating "intestinal contents." Should I be swapping the code to 45380 since it wasn't an actual polyp? But also unsure of the ICD10 code as can't say its anything abnormal?

Hi Ngastroent
Is not this polyp found in intestine sort of like" intestinal contents"? Maybe during removal the polyp got scrapped up when burned or plucked off. You are going by the provider s documentation .
Lady T.

Which technique was used to remove the polyp: biopsy, hot biopsy, snare technique? For the diagnosis use the reason for the colonoscopy (screening, history of..., family hx...).
DCasey.

Which technique was used to remove the polyp: biopsy, hot biopsy, snare technique? For the diagnosis use the reason for the colonoscopy (screening, history of..., family hx...).
DCasey.
It was snare, so will use the 45385. Throwing me off if the D12.8 still applies since it's technically not a polyp according to pathology