Wiki Pediatric Vaccines and Medicaid

petroskek

Contributor
Best answers
Is there anyone who has experience billing Medicaid in Florida for vaccines in a pediatric office? I am having difficulty getting paid for the vaccines we do. We are not a VFC provider and are paying for our vaccines through our supplier.
Please email me if you have tips or would be willing to talk about this.
kimberly.petroske@yahoo.com

I am in Mississippi but if you are not a VFC provider you can not give vaccines to pediatric patients with Medicaid. They do not reimburse for them. We have a clinic on our area that are not VFC providers but they are EPSDT providers so they do the check ups and send them to our clinic for the vaccines since we are VFC providers.

Thank you!
Kimberly did you get the answer to your question? Where in Florida are you located and what programs do you accept? We are VFC in florida and accept sunshine health, humana medicaid, united healthcare and Wellcare. We take Medicaid and Medikids members. Medicaid members receive VFC vaccines and Medikids members receive private vaccines and should be reimbursed for the admin fee and the vaccine for those members. To know if they qualify for private vaccines, you would check their eligibility through AHCA's portal and under "Benefit Plan" if it states MK:A, MK:B or MK:C then they are on Medikids and cannot receive VFC vaccines. But, Medikids is only for children 1-4. I