Wiki "Phase of Life" Issue

debellis59

Networker
Best answers
I normally code Peds & OB / GYN. However, we have a new Social Worker that I've been tasked with helping ... She had a patient come in and this is what she needs help with. I am at a total loss as to how to code this for billing. The patient is Medicare and I've been on this for much too long. Any suggestions out there?

Patient referred for behavioral health services to assist with sorting how to deal with inadequate resources and life stressors complicated by memory loss.

COMMENT:phase of Life problem. Patient presents with neighbor/friend to discuss multiple decisions she is making and determining what to do next and how to get help she needs.

Patient presents with good hygiene and alert and oriented. She recognizes some decline in memory but is more concerned about her dizziness. She expresses frustration over attempts to treat symptoms but not find solutions for the medical condition. Recommend that she follow up soon with her primary care physcian and discuss this. Friend states that she has been very disturbed by her results of last dementia testing and believes that this was just a bad day. Patient states she has been depressed since her fiance died a couple of years ago but has not been able to afford to purchase her meds for depression.

It appears that patient has a plan that she is comfortable with but needs some assistance knowing how to go about it. Plan is to move back to Yakima where she has a good support system and a brother-in-law that she desires to be her power of attry for health and financial.

1)Forms provided for WA and OR for POA-HC and strongly urged to complete and provide copy for Dr and family.
2)Referral made to payee program in OR
3)Referral made to WA Home and Community services about liquidating assets and going on medicaid - they plan to visit after meeting today. They will also ask them for info about getting Medicare part D for medications.
4)Info provided for where to pick up financial POA forms
5)Recommended looking for a place in Yakima (assisted living) that will accept her pets - Pastor in Yakima has agreed to assist with this.