Wiki physical therapy - joint repleacement surgery

Best answers
We have prehab visits, which is 1 session for preassessment, education and instruction in PT HEP before joint repleacement surgery. Can someone give me an idea of what codes are used for their Prehab programs?

We would bill 97001 for the initial, pre-procedure assessment, then after surgery, bill 97002 if reassessment was done after surgery. Of note, our PT's do full evals before the surgery so there was a baseline to get back to, so to speak.

K. Admissions/Encounters for Rehabilitation
When the purpose for the admission/encounter is rehabilitation, sequence first the code for the condition for which the service is being performed. For example, for an admission/encounter for rehabilitation for right-sided dominant hemiplegia following a cerebrovascular infarction, report code I69.351, Hemiplegia and hemiparesis following cerebral infarction affecting right dominant side, as the first-listed or principal diagnosis.
If the condition for which the rehabilitation service is no longer present, report the appropriate aftercare code as the first-listed or principal diagnosis. For example, if a patient with severe degenerative osteoarthritis of the hip, underwent hip replacement and the current encounter/admission is for rehabilitation, report code Z47.1, Aftercare following joint replacement surgery, as the first-listed or principal diagnosis.

Ok, So if I'm understanding correctly, for prehab-before joint replacement surgery, the code would be the condition code (basically medical dx) and then after surgery for continued rehab, use the aftercare code as first-listed, which would be a z code.