Wiki Please help - The patient was brought

thuha

Best answers
OPERATIVE REPORT

PROCEDURE: The patient was brought to the operating room, placed under general anesthesia, and prepped and draped sterilely. The patient's advanced age is a concern, since he is 92. A right lower quadrant skin incision was made with a #10 blade, and dissection was carried down through the subcutaneous tissue using electrocautery. The anterior sheath of the rectus fascia was opened. The rectus was retracted medially. The posterior sheath and peritoneum were grasped with curved clamps and sharply incised, allowing entry into the peritoneal cavity. There were a few adhesions, which we took down sharply. We then delivered the appendix up and into the wound. We took down the mesoappendix between Kelly clamps and tied the vascular pedicles with 2-0 silk free ties. The base of the appendix was then crushed. It was tied with 0 Vicryl. It was inverted into the base of the cecum with a 3-0 silk pursestring suture. The abdomen was then irragated with saline until returns were clear. We closde the posterior sheath and peritoneum with running 0 Vicryl, closed the anterior sheath with interrupted 0 Vicryl, and closed the skin with subcuticular 4-0 undyed Vicryl. Steri-Strips and sterile Band-Aids were applied. All sponge and needle counts were correct . Before the patient left the operating room, the wound was anesthetized with a total of 30 cc of 0.50% Sensorcaine with epinephrine solution.

the answer CPT code: 00840-QK, 99100

My question: Why do they have the modifier QK? QK, QY, and QZ stand for ? How do I know when I should use the modier QK, QY and QZ?

Please PLEASE PLEASE edit your report to take out all the identifying information. You should never post a note with patient name, physician name, or hospital/treatment location name.

AND if this is an example from your student workbook ... shame on the publisher or instructor for not crossing out that kind of info.

Just should NEVER happen.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC

Dear FTessaBartels,

This is an example from my study guide workbook . Thank for your remind me......:)