Wiki PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP Regaurding office rules & privacy !!!

leemeedee

Best answers
Hey Everyone

I work for a podiatrist and I swear since I do the billing here the front desk is always gaining on me trying to do everything to make me look bad, its the front desk versus the back and let me tell you its 3 girls up front and just me in the back. yes I do al the billing myself and well of course some help from the doctor. but am asking for your help because today we will be having a meeting and they want to bring up how I don't do nothing so they say. but let me tell you something I run an office by myself once a week in broward county and do a podiatry list for the 3 large nursing homes my boss and I go to. ( which consists of making sue there eligible and are due for routine care) now at the larger facility I have my own office and there I do all the billing all insurance and workers compensation. plus I do cash patients and follow up on them and etc. they will be trying to get the doctor against me today so that's why I wanted to ask for your help so I can fire back at the like for

example:
1.we have a room where we have all our medical records and to the other wall threes a medium sized table to sit and eat. no one should be in that room meaning patients because it contains allot of private information.
2.the door from the waiting room to enter the office (too pt rooms_ should be closed at all times or till someone buzzes you in.
3. no one should be wondering around in the hall.
4. only 2 patients to a room.
5. all charts should be facing down etc....

but the problem is I need some proof so they wont think am making it up.
so far what I was able to get proof on was on the charts having to be faced down and that that rule falls under the NO EXCEPTION RULE ..

am only 25 I have been here for 7 years and I love my job and means the world to me everyone else has been here 2-5 years:eek:

heres my email Yury_codingdept@hotmail.com hope to hear from someone

Check the HIPAA privacy rules. If your podiatrist you work for is a member of the American Podiatric Medical Associatition they can down load from their website www.apma.org the APMA HIPAA Security Manual, Frequently Asked Questions About HIPPA Privacy Rule, HIPAA Resources, Authorization for Release of Information form, Notice of Pricay Practices in Spanish, Correcspondence: HIPAA Extension. Plus for the Red Flags Rule they have a good protical maual and information availible.

Last edited: