Wiki Plz help with CPT & diagnosis codes

Best answers
I am new to ED coding can anyone help me with codes for:-

Q: Patient was involved in an automobile accident where he was the unrestrained driver of a vehicle hit by another car on a major street. Patient suffered a 3.4 cm laceration of the forehead, multiple contusions involving the lower leg, several abrasions involving the right lower arm and possible concussion. The forehead wound was repaired using a layered closure. The abrasions were cleaned. He refused admission to the hospital to monitor for the presence of concussion??

Thanx
Shivani:)

I am new to ED coding can anyone help me with codes for:-

Q: Patient was involved in an automobile accident where he was the unrestrained driver of a vehicle hit by another car on a major street. Patient suffered a 3.4 cm laceration of the forehead, multiple contusions involving the lower leg, several abrasions involving the right lower arm and possible concussion. The forehead wound was repaired using a layered closure. The abrasions were cleaned. He refused admission to the hospital to monitor for the presence of concussion??

Thanx
Shivani:)

Is this for a test?

Last edited:
Just for your own practice why don't you submit to us the codes you feel are appropriate and we will assist from there. This is a straight forward coding scenario that you should have no problem with, new to ED or not. I feel kind of funny just spoon feeding the answers and it will not help you grow in your education.