Wiki POS Question - Senior Center

cling2me2

Contributor
Best answers
Looking for any input please. I have a provider who wants to bill patient visits (minor illness, cough / cold etc.) performed at a Senior Center as POS 11. I don't think this can be done, nor do I know of any pertinent POS. The provider is trying to say it is an "extension of his office" and therefore he can use POS 11. He states a colleague is billing this way. (We all know that just because it is being done, does not mean it is correct.)
I don't believe it is billable when done at a "Senior Center" (non domicile). Does anyone have some insight or references I can use when speaking to him about this?
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

POS 11 is inappropriate for this location. When paid by Medicare for services provided in the office, the reimbursement includes additional money for practice expense....the cost of lights, rent, etc., none of which your provider would incur if performing these services in a senior center. There is no POS code to specifically report this location, so use POs 99. This is a perfect example of Medicare fraud and abuse.