Wiki PPD Reading - went to another

I thought from a standard of care point, only the clinic that administered the PPD can read it, since it needs to be read within a certain timeframe and only the one that administered it has the documentation to prove that date. I see no way to bill it. You cannot use a 99211 for a nurse since the provider in her office is not the one that wrote the order.

I asked one of our nurses, and she stated that if they didn't "plant" it they won't read it. Besides a billing issue, it's a liability issue for them - they don't have documentation of when it was done and by whom.

What would happen if the patient supplied the documentation? Let's say the patient brought in the form clearly showing when the PPD was placed and when it needs to be read and they are within that time frame? Can this be coded? I realize 99211 is out here, but could you possibly report an unlisted code? Possibly 99199?

Just trying to look at this from all angles.

You can only bill for a nurse's services if those services meet the "incident to" rule. Since he/she is not in the office of the physician who wrote the order for the PPD, I don't see any way that you can bill for the service.