Wiki PPD Reading

No, because the code description in the Coder's Desk Reference indicates the read as part of the code description (underline my emphasis). I have heard of offices billing separately for the read and I know of no regulatory guidance that says you cannot, but we have chosen to bundle it in because the lay description includes the read.

This test may be ordered as TB skin test, TB delayed hypersensitivity testing (DHT or DHR), Tuberculin skin test, Mantoux test, or purified protein derivative test (PPD). A standardized concentration of tuberculin PPD is introduced into the skin of the arm. The method is intradermal. The test may screen individuals in high-risk circumstances, or as routine surveillance among certain populations regularly exposed (i.e., health care workers). Patients showing certain signs or symptoms are also tested. Culture extracts of tuberculin proteins in a test dosage is injected intradermally (forearm). The test site is examined at 24, 48, and 72-hour intervals for evidence of induration. Evidence of a reaction is recorded.