Wiki Practicode and where to place it on the resume

sreyburn

Networker
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
So huge question, Finishing practicode counts as one year on the job training. In a resume i have seen both examples. It posted under education and it posted under work history. What is you advice on where to place it on the resume? I have provided my basic draft so you can see what i mean. Thank you

Sarah Reyburn
P.O. Box 7285 | Spokane WA, 99207 | 509-362-4925 | Fire_ice_sarah@hotmail.com
Objective
I welcome the chance to advance my formidable knowledge by working in such a cutting-edge job market that will inspire me to utilize my skills and collaborate within a positive atmosphere.
Education
Practicode – AAPC –Apprenticeship
Earned CPC through AAPC -Jan 2020
Completion of 660 live cases Oct 2019 – Jan 2020

AAPC – ID #01676211– Distance Learning
  • Earned CPC-A through AAPC-June 2019
  • CPC physician based coding course Oct 2018- Oct 2019
  • Local Chapter Officer Jan 2020-Dec 2020

• Apollo College – Spokane Valley – Diploma Medical Billing and Coding
  • Nov 2007- Nov 2008
Skills & Abilities
  • CPT, ICD-10-CM, and HCPCS Level II codes
  • Medical terminology and Anatomy
  • Medicare insurance regulations
  • Data entry and management with typing speed 45 WPM
  • Proficient in Microsoft Office programs Word, Excel and Power Point. As well as Adobe Photoshop and QuickBooks
  • Analytical skills including problem solving, decision making and time management
Certifications
  • Certified Professional Coder, CPC, AAPC Jan 2020
  • Certified Professional Coder, CPC –A, AAPC June 2019
  • Certificate CPC Physician Based Coding proficiency, AAPC Sept 2019
  • Certificate Anatomy proficiency , AAPC April 2019
  • Certificate Medical Terminology proficiency, AAPC Jan 2019
  • Diploma Medical Billing and Coding, Apollo College March 2008
  • HCA, Home Care Aide 2014-2018
  • CNA, Certified Nursing Assistant 2009-2018
Experience
HCA/CNA/COPES, Adult Family Homes & In-home care 2010 – 2018
Spokane, WA
  • Knowledge of anatomy & medical terminology, maintaining medical records and advising on decision making relating to medical insurance, medication management, and local social services
  • Light secretarial work liaison between clients and non-medical personnel relating to insurance requirements, social security services and local regulation management required for the at-home setting.
Protects the home care agency by adhering to professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements
Personal services, such as, bathing, dressing, and grooming, assisting with transfers using lifts, sit to stand, and DME equipment and advising on nutrition, cleanliness, and housekeeping
Maintaining a safe, secure, and healthy patient environment by following asepsis standards and procedures, maintaining security precautions, and following prescribed dietary requirements and nutrition standards
Reference Available upon request

I'd put it under education. Even though it counts as a year of experience towards removal of the Apprentice credential, it's not employment experience.

Also, I'd remove the line about getting the CPC-A credential - you have a CPC. It's not necessary to state that you were initially in apprentice status, and it might be confusing.

That happened to be the line that caught my eye first, and I thought "if she completed Practicode and the CPC course, why does she still have a CPC-A?" Then I had to read closer to see that you listed both CPC and CPC-A. I wouldn't want a recruiter to skim your resume quickly like I did and dismiss it because they saw CPC-A listed.