Wiki Prenatal telehealth

thbond

New
Best answers
Hi, I can't find anything on how to bill for global prenatal telehealth visits. Does anyone have any insight? Specifically for what would normally be billed as 0502F....Do we still use that code and just append the telehealth modifier per the specific insurance or do we use the telehealth codes that the specific insurance wants?

If a specific insurance company tells you they pay for telehealth in a certain way, that's how you bill it.

Make sure your malpractice carrier knows you are doing prenatal visits by telehealth. Our malpractice carrier has a booklet on things to be aware of while doing telehealth; I cannot imagine a specialty that would carry more risk than obstetrics by doing telehealth. I'm a bit stunned, actually, that your providers are willing to take that risk. AND that your patients are willing to take that risk.

Hi, I can't find anything on how to bill for global prenatal telehealth visits. Does anyone have any insight? Specifically for what would normally be billed as 0502F....Do we still use that code and just append the telehealth modifier per the specific insurance or do we use the telehealth codes that the specific insurance wants?
In our practice we continue using 0502F.. codes for strictly global prenatal visits, with a modifier GT.