• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

Preventive visit, office visit, and a procedure on same DOS.

pvang

Networker
Best answers
Hi-

I need clarification and confirmation on this issue. We have a claim that was billed on the same DOS codes:

99396- Preventive visit
99213 with mod 25- E/M visit
11302- Shave skin lesion

We are getting a deny edit on the 99396 as being bundled in to 11302.

My rationale was that modifier 25 will need to also be appended on the 99396 also to make this a distinguish service from procedure 11302. Same concept applied to the 99213 that's why the provider billed it with modifier 25 to eliminate this coding issue.

Am I correct?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Pvang

pvang

Networker
Best answers
?

I would really like clarification on this if anyone knows anything..that would be great! Thanks!