Wiki Price Point per case

adunlap23

Guru
Best answers
I have the opportunity to code a few extra cases on the side. It wouldn't be enough to charge for hourly work, but I'm not sure what a reasonable dollar amount per op report should be. Again, this would be specifically for orthopedic surgery.

Any suggestions?

@amyjph may have some insight for ortho.

(My only pay per chart experience is with risk adjustment, and I know the pricing for ortho cases would have to be wildly different from that!)

I have the opportunity to code a few extra cases on the side. It wouldn't be enough to charge for hourly work, but I'm not sure what a reasonable dollar amount per op report should be. Again, this would be specifically for orthopedic surgery.

Any suggestions?
Hello - Did you ever get any responses? If not, what did you decide on as your per chart rate? I've been approached to do some surgery coding for a podiatrist. I have 15 year of experience in podiatry coding. I'm not sure what to ask for per chart as I have never worked that way before.

Thanks!

Hello - Did you ever get any responses? If not, what did you decide on as your per chart rate? I've been approached to do some surgery coding for a podiatrist. I have 15 year of experience in podiatry coding. I'm not sure what to ask for per chart as I have never worked that way before.

Thanks!
No, I never did get an answer. I hope you have better luck!