Wiki procedure ?

RebeccaB

Guru
Best answers
patient with known bladder cancer s/p cystectomy with ileal conduit underwent the following

stoma appliance removed, ulceration noted, using a suture removal kit the lesion was excised. hemostasis achieved using silver nitrite stick. lesion was excised and essentially crumbled into pieces
topical antifungal ointment placed over the area, the stoma appliance replaced..
this was done in the office, no anesthesia was used

i'm not even sure where to start with this..any clarification/explanation much appreciated..is this even a billable procedure ?
thanks so much
Rebecca

patient with known bladder cancer s/p cystectomy with ileal conduit underwent the following

stoma appliance removed, ulceration noted, using a suture removal kit the lesion was excised. hemostasis achieved using silver nitrite stick. lesion was excised and essentially crumbled into pieces
topical antifungal ointment placed over the area, the stoma appliance replaced..
this was done in the office, no anesthesia was used

i'm not even sure where to start with this..any clarification/explanation much appreciated..is this even a billable procedure ?
thanks so much
Rebecca
Looks like you'd be looking at excision codes 114XX. CPT 17250 would apply, but bundles. So'd I'd leave this off as inclusive.