Wiki Production Standards for an In House E/M Professional Coder

alb03g

New
Best answers
I have no experience in EM coding and my medical director is looking for us to hire an in house professional coder. We are internal medicine providers, a hospital based group, 6 full time physicians, 5 NPs, and 10 contract physicians. What is the typical production standard per day for an EM professional coder?

Being someone who reviews E/Ms in an auditing scenario, it really depends. Do you want QUALITY or QUANTITY? As long as whomever you're hiring is producing positive results as an in house auditor and educating your providers on documentation etc., I'd say leave production standards out of the equation.

Being someone who reviews E/Ms in an auditing scenario, it really depends. Do you want QUALITY or QUANTITY? As long as whomever you're hiring is producing positive results as an in house auditor and educating your providers on documentation etc., I'd say leave production standards out of the equation.
My medical director would like to know what is the standard for quality results, he is a numbers person, so he is looking for a number.