Wiki Prostate Cancer ADT dx

Jessim929

Guru
Best answers
Hi All -

I'm going down another diagnosis rabbit hole and I'm appealing to other minds... When you have a prostate cancer patient on ADT, is there a better diagnosis to use than Z79.818 (long term current use of other agents affecting estrogen receptors and estrogen levels)?

Thank you!

Hi Jessim:)
If current Prostate Cancer use C61 first, the Z79 per type of meds he receives. If pt has Carcinoma in situ in remission for prostate cancer use dx D07.5. The Z79.818 is ok or Z79.810 depends what type of estrogen meds pt on. Also check out dx Z17.0 or Z17.1 estrogen receptors + or - if breast Cancer pt. The Appendix A in back of ICD10 manual give meds and associated Z79 code. But put most Z dx codes lastly on claim NOT first. Use Cancer dx code as first or whatever is dx per the provider s note. There are first listed Z dx codes too such as Z01, Z53, Z00 as example, but most are last on claim.

If pt gets secondary/metastatic cancer look at dx C76 till dx C80 but provider must list 2nd cancer . Oh yes if 2nd Cancer or metastasis in lymph nodes C7B is dx code.I have read once pt. past 5 year mark of Cancer not returning can use the HO code for specific Cancer dx block is Z85. Hopefully your provider puts dates on when Cancer ds.was in existence so you know as the coder.
I hope I helped you. Let me know and have a good day!
Lady T;)