Wiki Provider Audit Information

ljurado

New
Best answers
Hi All,

Trying to get an idea on the audit process for your medical group.
  1. How many providers do you audit in your group?
  2. How many encounters per provider do you audit?
  3. How many coders/auditors do you have in your group?
  4. Do you complete internal audits or external audits?
  5. Do you audit annually, bi-annually, quarterly, etc.?
I appreciate your feedback.

1. I have no idea how many providers I audit each month
2. I audit 45 coders each month 40 records per coder
3. I perform Internal audits
4. as mentioned in #2, I audit every month 40 records per coder

Hi All,

Trying to get an idea on the audit process for your medical group.
  1. How many providers do you audit in your group?
  2. How many encounters per provider do you audit?
  3. How many coders/auditors do you have in your group?
  4. Do you complete internal audits or external audits?
  5. Do you audit annually, bi-annually, quarterly, etc.?
I appreciate your feedback.
1. I audit all - physicians as well as APPs. We're a multi-specialty practice with 22 specialties and anywhere from 2-12 providers in each area
2. I usually do 10-15. 10 if office based only and 15 if they also do hospital rounding and/or procedures/surgeries
3. Just me auditing. One of our parent hospital organizations handles the coding and they have 2 full-time and 2 part-time on the team
4. Just internal
5. Due to the size and other commitments, I audit each specialty bi-annually. If any issues are identified by coding I will do a targeted audit. All new providers that join get audited at 60 days post training and then at another 30 days if they do not pass the first audit.

I hope this helps :)

1. I audit all - physicians as well as APPs. We're a multi-specialty practice with 22 specialties and anywhere from 2-12 providers in each area
2. I usually do 10-15. 10 if office based only and 15 if they also do hospital rounding and/or procedures/surgeries
3. Just me auditing. One of our parent hospital organizations handles the coding and they have 2 full-time and 2 part-time on the team
4. Just internal
5. Due to the size and other commitments, I audit each specialty bi-annually. If any issues are identified by coding I will do a targeted audit. All new providers that join get audited at 60 days post training and then at another 30 days if they do not pass the first audit.

I hope this helps :)
Thank you. Very helpful.