Wiki Pt/inr - I work for a Cardiology Practice

cvand1972

Guru
Best answers
Hello All,
I work for a Cardiology Practice and one of the doctors here is asking what the Lab CPT codes are for PT/INR. I believe it is only the 85610. He seems to think there should be another for the INR. But I'm not so sure about that, so I thought I would start here. I think he wants to start doing this here in the office. Can anyone educate me on this? We manage it, so we bill for that. But now I think he wants to start a 'lab' here in the office for it.
Thanks for anything you can share.

Pt/inr

You may want to look at 99363. Anticoagulant management for an outpatient taking warfarin, physician review and interpretation of International Normalized Ratio (INR) testing, patient instructions, dosage adjustment (as needed), and ordering of additional tests; initial 90 days of therapy (must include a minimum of 8 INR measurements).
99364=Anticoagulant management for an outpatient taking warfarin, physician review and interpretation of International Normalized Ratio (INR) testing, patient instructions, dosage adjustment (as needed), and ordering of additional tests; each subsequent 90 days of therapy (must include a minimum of 3 INR measurements).

See if this is what your provider is looking for.