Wiki PTA of Renal & Angiography

Best answers
Can someone please help me with this report. We code from a physician outpatient setting. I feel like my codes are not correct. I got 36257 & 75716-26. Thanks in advanced!

PROCEDURE PERFORMED: Abdominal aortic angiography, selective angiography of the

right renal artery, selective angiography of the left renal artery, PTA of the left

renal artery.

NARRATIVE: Informed consent was obtained from the patient. The patient was prepped

and draped in the usual fashion. One percent lidocaine solution was injected in the

right groin for local anesthesia. IV sedation was performed using Versed and

fentanyl. A 6-French sheath was inserted in the right common femoral artery using

the modified Seldinger technique without complications. Abdominal aortic angiography

was performed using a 6-French straight pigtail catheter. Selective angiography of

the right and left medial arteries was performed using a 6-French FR4 guide catheter.

HEMODYNAMICS: The aortic opening pressure was 192/56 with a mean pressure of 106.

The aortic closing pressure was 183/62 with a mean pressure of 108.

ANATOMY: The abdominal aorta is normal in caliber. There was a single right renal

artery supplying the right kidney that demonstrated it was medium caliber with 30%

proximal stenosis. There was a single left renal artery supplying the left kidney

with 90% in-stent restenosis.

After reviewing the diagnostic images, the decision was made to proceed with

peripheral intervention with PTA of the proximal left renal artery. The patient was

anticoagulated with IV heparin. A BMW wire was placed through the FR4 guide catheter

into the left renal artery. The patient underwent successful PTA of the proximal

left renal artery using a 5.0 x 15 mm Emerge balloon at a maximum of 12 atm. This

resulted in reduction from 90% to less than 10% original stenosis with TIMI 3 flow

and no evidence of distal embolization. Following the intervention, all wires and

catheters were removed. The right femoral artery arteriotomy site underwent

successful closure using a Mynx closure device, resulting in hemostasis achieved with

no hematoma noted at the end of the case.

IMPRESSION:

1. Nonobstructive disease involving the right renal artery.

2. Critical in-stent restenosis involving the left renal artery.

3. Successful PTA of the proximal left renal artery resulting in reduction from 90%

to less than 10% regional stenosis.

4. Successful Mynx closure of the right femoral arteriotomy site.​

Hello,

I am seeing the following;

37246 - PTA Lt renal artery

36252 - Diagnostic Bilateral Renal Angiography (includes adominal angiography)

HTH :)