Wiki Question about HealthCon in Vegas

encomma-watson

Networker
Best answers
Why is HealthCon National Conference in Vegas so expensive? The company that I work for is not going to pay for it so I will have to. I will also have to pay for airplane ticket and hotel accommodations. Even the Hybrid is expensive. Do we have price accommodations for seniors (ages 60 and up) or can we have a payment plan? Just saying!!!

Why is HealthCon National Conference in Vegas so expensive? The company that I work for is not going to pay for it so I will have to. I will also have to pay for airplane ticket and hotel accommodations. Even the Hybrid is expensive. Do we have price accommodations for seniors (ages 60 and up) or can we have a payment plan? Just saying!!!

I'm just going to put this plug out here, since chapter elections are coming up in October.

Chapter officers get a huge discount on Healthcon. It's a great incentive for people who volunteer on the local chapter level!

Edit to add: Healthcon does have the payment plan option through Affirm, if that's something you're interested in as well. I just clicked through the registration process to confirm that Affirm showed up as a payment option. Hopefully that's something that will work out for you!

Last edited:
I think it's all perspective. This seems like a low price to me for four days and all those CEUs and looking at what's included. Plus there are room blocks and airline discounts if you look at the event page. It's Las Vegas, that's all a pretty low price...
Other events I have attended in Vegas in the same industry were way more costly and this was years ago.
I think it also depends on why someone wants to attend. I get all my CEUs in other ways and I don't necessarily require the networking and other events so I don't attend.

I'm just going to put this plug out here, since chapter elections are coming up in October.

Chapter officers get a huge discount on Healthcon. It's a great incentive for people who volunteer on the local chapter level!

Edit to add: Healthcon does have the payment plan option through Affirm, if that's something you're interested in as well. I just clicked through the registration process to confirm that Affirm showed up as a payment option. Hopefully that's something that will work out for you!
Thank you for the plug and thank you for letting me know about the payment plan option. I am looking to see and if I could be an officer.

How does an officer go about getting the discount? This will be my first one.

How does an officer go about getting the discount? This will be my first one.

Thank you for serving your chapter as an officer! The local chapters team will send out emails to officers, and the information will be in the monthly officer newsletter too. Typically it is posted in the Local Chapter Officer Facebook too.

Are you a current 2023 officer, or are you nominated to be an officer for 2024?

Current 2023 officers who will not be serving again in 2024 should register before 12/31/2023 to get the officer discount. (Since they will no longer be an officer after 1/1/2024.)

New officers for 2024 will receive information about registration after elections are final and they have officially accepted the position.