Wiki Question for CPEDC's

TTcpc

Guru
Best answers
Hello, Is anyone else having difficulty finding CEUs to apply to their CPEDC credential? I know that the American Academy of Pediatrics has their yearly CEUs with the purchase of their specialty book each year, but I'm in kind of a unique situation. My CEUs needed were increased secondary to going from a corporate to an individual membership and it reset my due date. If I purchase their book/CEUs to use to meet what I am still needing for my current CEU period (ends March 2021) then I'll lose them for my next period. I noticed that last year I was able to apply to my CPEDC credential time that I did not need for my CPC or CPMA from the 2020 update webinars; however that was not the option this time, even for the pediatric HCC webinar - why would you not allow credit towards your pediatric credential for something that is pediatric specific?! I'm just getting really frustrated that the AAPC is offering a credential that they won't support CEUs for. Thank you

I haven't done much so far this year so have not had difficulty. Do you have access to the coding newsletters from the American Academy of Pediatrics? The quizzes for each issue are worth 0.5 CEUs. I am not sure how you can determine which local chapters are having meetings that are approved for the CPEDC but it may be worth calling the AAPC to ask and potentially attend virtually.
Cindy