Regarding Concerns Abou The Leaderboard & Scoring

alex.mckinley@aapc.com

Networker
Staff member
Best answers
Regarding Concerns About The Leaderboard & Scoring

Hi Everyone,

The #1 question we're receiving is "where are my points" or "I got case #x and #x right, how come my points are not showing?"

In many of these cases were finding the incorrect answer was submitted. I'm not saying it was you, but this has been the case in several instances. As you can imagine, validating answers is a huge task, especially considering we have hundreds of entrants each day. As of today we have implemented an auto responding email system that will send you back your submitted answers. You now have record of how you answered. Additionally, we will only accept your first response. If you submit the wrong answer and later realize it was incorrect and resubmit, only the first response will count.

I'm working with the scoring team to audit responses and scores. Again, this is a big task and will not happen overnight. I'll keep you posted as more information is available.

Thanks for your patience.

Alex

Last edited:
coding challenge

thank you Alex,

I was just concerned that my submissions where not even getting to the AAPC I know a few of them I have answered correctly especially the last one. and I am not sure if they are looking at the answers being submitted by the time or not. if that is the case I have responded with my answers as soon as the question hit. and they have been correct. so I am a little confused on how they are choosing the individuals. I enjoy the challenge keeps me up to date with all the new coding and other specialties.

thank you Alex,

I was just concerned that my submissions where not even getting to the AAPC I know a few of them I have answered correctly especially the last one. and I am not sure if they are looking at the answers being submitted by the time or not. if that is the case I have responded with my answers as soon as the question hit. and they have been correct. so I am a little confused on how they are choosing the individuals. I enjoy the challenge keeps me up to date with all the new coding and other specialties.

Ditto on all of the above! I know I had at least a few of them correct and within at least an hour of posting the case (one was within 3 minutes), but no points so far. I am convinced that my answers dont even reach AAPC. But you know, it's a good practice to see where I am on this journey!

scoring

I sent in the correct answers on question 10 and I did not receive a point.

Could you check on this, thanks.

Carolyn Chaffin

I sent in the correct answers on question 10 and I did not receive a point.

Could you check on this, thanks.

Carolyn Chaffin

He has previously stated in other threads that the leaderboard is 24-48 behind. Since Case#10 answers were JUST posted, the points won't be updated with these results until at least tomorrow, if not Wednesday.

I also wish the leaderboard was a little more up-to-date, but it is what it is. At least we can clearly get the answers to each case.

I recommend writing down what answer you are submitting, before you hit submit. It takes a few extra seconds, but it would be worth it to get it right and earn a point versus having a typo in the answer and not receiving a point.

It says right on the leaderboard: "Below are AAPC Coding Challenge contest leaders. Scores are updated Monday-Friday, but reflect total points from two days prior (ex: Scores from Monday will not show until Wednesday.)."

We won't see any of our points for case #10 until Tuesday (unless you happen to be the first one to submit the correct answer). The points for case #9 should be up today though, if AAPC is caught up on scoring.

Coding challenge answers

Thanks Alex for all your hard work with this challenge. You mentioned that we will start getting our answers auto responded to us in our email. I'm just wondering when. I didn't get one after I answered Friday or today. Also will we be able to see our past entries as it would be nice to see what happened from the time I hit submit that my answer wasn't correct. Once I accidently hit submit while I was typing my dx codes and I'm beginning you wonder if I've done it more than once. Thank you again,
Deana

No points for correct answers

Hi Alex,

I have posted many correct answers according to your answers posted in answers tab, but I have not get any credited points for these questions. Please do the needful as I think there is some mistakes in point distribution. Please note I did not get any "mail" for any answer posted through Monday.

Thanks,
Sumit Gupta

Hi Alex,

I have posted many correct answers according to your answers posted in answers tab, but I have not get any credited points for these questions. Please do the needful as I think there is some mistakes in point distribution. Please note I did not get any "mail" for any answer posted through Monday.

Thanks,
Sumit Gupta

I believe I saw your name... with 5 points. I believe you are about 16-19th place. :confused:

I believe I saw your name... with 5 points. I believe you are about 16-19th place. :confused:

Thanks for your reply.

I have answered correct on 9th day and 10th day exact what is showing in answer tab, but no points credited for them. I have posted these answers in 10 minutes' time. Please do the needful.

Thanks,
Sumit Gupta

I also have yet to get my points for 9 and 10. I understand that 10 may not have been updated yet, but I should have gotten my point for 9. Thanks!!

M. Gupta

I saw you listed with 5 points and you are in 15th place. Remember these are not updated every day. Download the excel file. Go to find..on the tool bar...type in your last name ...it takes you right to your points! Good Luck

He has previously stated in other threads that the leaderboard is 24-48 behind. Since Case#10 answers were JUST posted, the points won't be updated with these results until at least tomorrow, if not Wednesday.

I also wish the leaderboard was a little more up-to-date, but it is what it is. At least we can clearly get the answers to each case.

I recommend writing down what answer you are submitting, before you hit submit. It takes a few extra seconds, but it would be worth it to get it right and earn a point versus having a typo in the answer and not receiving a point.

Writing down your answer is a good idea, but I do a screen print of my answers before I hit submit. That way there is no question at all regarding what answers you submitted. Thanks

Yes, by my count, I should have 7 points, but on the leaderboard I only have 4 points, and that hasn't changed for 3 days now.

The print screen is a GREAT idea! Especially since we are not getting the confirmation emails yet.
Thanks for the tip!

I too am still waiting to receive my points from cases 9 and 10, which would bring my total up to 5. It seems the only person getting immediate score posting is the one who won the challenge. I would have to wonder how many people would actually be in for the weekly drawing if the scores were up to date for everyone else.

Alexandra Chrisler COC, CPMA
Coding Quality Coordinator
UCHealth System

I am wondering how far behind the leaderboard points are. I have not gotten my case of the day #10 point yet. Have all of the points for case 10 been added yet?

Point for Day #10

Just checking to see if points for correct answers to Case Day #10 has been updated. I just checked the leaderboard today and I'm not listed.

Thanks, Sheri