Wiki Relocating to small community in Virginia

TTcpc

Guru
Best answers
I am trying this again in case no one has heard of the small community of Nathalie, Virignia. My husband and I are relocating to Nathalie for his employment and I am searching for employment in the medical office field. From what I understand from some of the people that my husband will be working with, most people in that area commute to either Lynchburg or Danville to work. I would like to find a local AAPC chapter in one of these areas to have the opportunity to learn more about employment opportunites as well as have a local chapter to be involved in.

If someone could assist me with this, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm not from Virginia, but I can provide you directions for locating the AAPC chapter nearest your new home.
On the corporate site of the AAPC website, click on the heading "Local Chapters." From there, select "find a local chapter" and type in the two letter abbreviation for the state (VA). All the AAPC chapters in Virginia will be listed. Click "details" for the chapter nearest your new home town and you will find the name and contact information of the local chapter officers as well as any upcoming events. Your best bet will probably be to contact the New Member Development Officer or the Chapter President. He or she will be able to tell you about their chapter.
As far as jobs are concerned, check the "Jobs" listing on the AAPC website. (This is different from the positions listed on the forum.) Local chapter meetings are terrific places to network. You might consider attending a couple nearby chapter meetings to maximize your options.
Good luck!

Linda Hallstrom
Phoenix Arizona AAPC Chapter
2007-2010 Board of Directors, AAPC Chapter Assn.