Wiki Remote Coding Position Desired

kwiegscpc

Best answers
I am a new coder with ambition galore!!! I have been working for a cardiology clinic but am looking to broaden my medical coding knowledge. I live in a rural area and therefore would like the opportunity to work from my home on a full time or contract basis. Please email me at tst@yousq.net

I have, at this time, acquired my certificate of completion in medical billing/claims/coding and have recently obtained my CPC-A (Certified Professional Coder). I have also had training with both NexGen and Epic software programs.

As a relatively recent graduate into the healthcare field, my professional medical/health experience is growing rapidly. In my current position, I have been assisting the head coder with proper coding choices to ensure payment in a timely manner. I also enter charge encounters into the Nexgen system for reimbursement from the outreach clinics and hospital. I am also working closely with Medicaid payments as well as other government programs. Having over 25+ years in customer service/management/retail experience, I feel confident that any issue that may arise would be solved in a prompt, professional manner and understand that confidentiality and efficiency would be very important components of this position. I am a hard working individual, who strives for excellence in all aspects of the job experience. I believe that previous employers will verify, that I exhibit intelligence, common sense, initiative, maturity, professionalism and stability, and that I am eager to make a positive contribution to your organization.

I thank you for your consideration and look forward to meeting with you in the near future.

Sincerely,

Karen Wiegel

KAREN WIEGEL

OBJECTIVE
Obtain a career advancing opportunity in the healthcare field.

• Skilled in use of electronic office equipment, reception, data entry, coordinating with staff, scheduling appointments, banking, and accounts receivable.
• Well developed communication skills demonstrated through professional verbal and writing abilities, client relations, customer service skills, and the ability to produce in-depth reports and correspondence.
• Superior job performance and timely completion of all assignments.
• Knowledge in computer operations and application including Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet,
• E-mail, and basic typing and key boarding skills.
• Knowledge of Medical Terminology, Anatomy, and Physiology.
• Over 25 years of combined customer service/management experience.
• Skilled in coding, compliance, and reimbursement regulations.
• Experienced using CPT& ICD-9 codes.
• Maintain a high degree of accuracy.
• Training in NexGen and Epic computer systems.

EDUCATION
Obtained CPC-A national certification in medical coding
Graduate Medical Billing and Claims Course, Minor: Final Score 93%
Successful certification with 600 clock hours of training: US Career Institute, Fort Collins, CO.
Graduate Medical Coding Course, Minor: Final Score 91%
Successful certification in Medical Coding, completing 600 clock hours of training: US Career Institute, Fort Collins, CO.
Continuing Education with Medical Transcription Course:
Soon to complete the Medical Transcription program with the US Career Institute, Fort Collins, CO.

EMPLOYMENT HISTORY

WI Heart and Vascular Madison, WI 2008-present
Financial Coordinator/Coding Associate
Billing /claims and coding for cardiology

Ashley Furniture Homestore Platteville, WI 2004-2007
Merchandise Manager
Designed, ordered, and inventoried accessories for all furniture groupings on the showroom floor.

Cleary Building Corp. Verona, WI 2003-2004
Sales Associate
Answered phone: Documented information on customers building preferences: Assigned potential sale to correct branch office.

Farming 400 Acres Mineral Point, WI 1981-2000
Owner/Operator
Dairy/Beef/Crops

REFERENCES

Marcy Brenum Dickeyville, WI 608-732-7744
Fritz Hanewall Darlington, WI 608-776-2754

Last edited: