Wiki repair torn bursa, left knee

ebruton

Contributor
Best answers
I need some help with the procedure code on this. I am thinking I will need more information from the provider.

.5x 3 cm prior to injection
patient was brought to the procedure room, consents were signed. The knee was prepped in a sterile fashion. Anesthesia obtained with 1% lidocaine with epinephrine. After S. anesthesia the leg was draped and prepped again with Betadine. Initial incision made horizontal over the apex of the lesion inferior to patella. Incision length was 4 cm. Using sharp dissection the capsule is visualized. Clear fluid is drained out of thhe capsule. Further sharp dissection of the margins to gain visualization. A forced tear is found in the medial aspect of the bursa. The capsule is entirely visualized and there are no other tears visualized. This tear was closed with a 5-0 nylon P3 needle. Heat cauterization was used for bleeding. The capsule was closed with 6 interrupted sutures of 5-0 Vicryl. Final closure was obtained with horizontal mattress sutures numbering 4. There is minimal blood loss. She was placed in a compression bandage. Instructed on light chores and no kneeling on that knee. Watch for infection.

Thank you

I'm going to have to make some assumptions here. From the location of the incision and the fact that this was performed in the office I'm assuming that the pre-patellar bursa was repaired. There is no code for that. So you would need to go unlisted. I think a good comparison would be 27301.

Last edited: