Wiki Research Percentage Rate - medical / compliance coder

torresreb

Networker
Best answers
I find myself doing a lot of research when reviewing , auditing and/or coding new practices. I would like to know what other auditors, compliance officers and/or medical coders think the percentage rate of finding ( researching ) an answer and/or code or anything really pertaining to the position.

your input is appreciated!

Cpc, srs

I find there is more misinterpreted or incorrect information in our field. The fact that the rules, regulations and guidelines are constantly changing. I find my day and night is spent reviewing: State regulations for various issues, Comar for the scope of practice for Midlevels.
Company policy and procedures for documentation guidelines and note completion time, New procedures to my practices have to be understood. RVU's need to be consulted for supervisory guidelines such as direct, indirect, general . These are only a few things researched. I would say I spend greater than 50 % of my day researching and performing written summary's of my findings.

Last edited:
I find there is more misinterpreted or incorrect information in our field. The fact that the rules, regulations and guidelines are constantly changing. I find my day and night is spent reviewing: State regulations for various issues, Comar for the scope of practice for Midlevels.
Company policy and procedures for documentation guidelines and note completion time, New procedures to my practices have to be understood. RVU's need to be consulted for supervisory guidelines such as direct, indirect, general . These are only a few things researched. I would say I spend greater than 50 % of my day researching and performing written summary's of my findings.

I too found myself spending a lot of research time for some of those reasons.. thank you for your input!