Wiki Resection of venous malformation....help!

puggles

Networker
Best answers
Any takers on helping me with the following surgery? The surgeon coded it as 35184 x 2 but I have serious doubts about that being the correct code.

Operation Performed: Resection of venous malformation x2, left foot
Diagnosis: Venous Malformation, left foot x 2
Description of procedure: The patient was prep/drapped. On the medial foot wound, an elliptical incision was performed to include an island of skin. Bovie electrocautery was used to dissect down through the subcutaneous tissue. Then using a #15 blade, I sharply dissected the tissue surrounding the venous masses. As we came upon different feeding branches, I clamped them and I divided it and tied it with 4-0 plain gut ties. There were some 7-8 branches feeding this first speciemn. Once all of them had been clamped and the speciemn was removed, it was snet in formalin for permanent section. In a similar fashion, an incision was made over the dorsal surface of the foot. No ellipse of skin was included. Bovie electrocautery was used to dissect down through the subcutaneous tissue. Then in a similar fashion, a large nidus of partially thrombosed veins was dissected using a 15-blade. There were multiple feeding branches, 5-6, which were clamped, divided, and tied with 4-0 plain gut suture. Once we had passed off the second specimen from the great toe, we then reapproximated the deep dermal tissues using 4-0 momcryl and then closed the skin with multiple interrupted vertical mattress 5-0 nylon sutures.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Miranda