• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

resection w/colostomy and ileostomy

JenReyn99

Guru
Best answers
Need help!

Doc says they want to use 44206, don't think I agree. It was done laparoscopically. So here's part of the note:

Sigmoid was taken down from the peritoneal reflection in the pelvis to the left colon and removed between GIA staple lines. The distal colon had normal mucosa actually at the rectum for about 4 cm, and then promplty a stricture was noted moving proximally when examining the colon off the operative field. .....a left colostomy was then created (descending colostomy) in a standard manner and matured primarily. The diverting loop ileostomy was created in the right mid abdomen at the trocar site.

I'm having a tough time deciding on this one, but I don't see the 44206 in this. I dunno. Help! :confused:

surgonc87

Guru
Best answers
44206 would be correct, it is a heartmann type procedure. Also report 44187 for the diverting loop ileostomy. There are no CCI, bundling issues with that.

Ms