Wiki Resources for Chiropractic care

dhann1639

Networker
Best answers
Does anyone have any resources for ICD-10 and chiropractic care? I have a chiropractor that is having a rough time with ICD-10.

Thanks so much,
Deidre Johnson, CPC

Have you checked with your state chiropractic association? ChiroCode offers some resources.

And what is her rough time? Finding the ICD-10 equivalents of her old favorite ICD-9 codes? I believe the American Chiropractic Association also has some information and webinars.

I was just at the chiropractic office for a visit and the chiropractor and I were discussing ICD-10 and he was talking about some frustations that he is having. I was just reaching out for any information that might help him out with ICD-10.

Thanks,
Deidre Johnson, CPC

What state is the Chiro in? Each state has there own Chiropractic Association and there are multiple resources to help. Most Chiro are solo or small practice so he does not want to wait to long

CMS has a list of ICD-10 codes that are accepted (much like the list that they provided for ICD-9). Chirocode has a bunch of great webinars that will help. Also the state chiropractic association should have something available. I know we are having issues with Aetna and ICD-10 but all other carriers seem to be onboard.

The Ohio State Chiropractic Association

For Ohio, the OSCA is an invaluable resource. You can also use icd10data.com as a free conversion tool. Just be careful because not all icd9 will correctly convert. The M54.30 series is one example. Also, the sprain strains coding is a little tough. I think you are supposed to use the A until the patient no longer is receiving active care. Hope this helps!