• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

Review of Symptoms on ER visits

mrolf

Guest
Messages
153
Location
West Point, NE
Our physicians are very lax in the documentation of the ROS on their dictated ER reports. They do mark box on the original ER form which states "reviewed nurses assessments by physician" and sign the form. I do believe that this is acceptable. Please advise on your thoughts. Thanks.
 
I believe this would work as well. Ancillary staff is allowed to document the ROS and the past medical/family/social history. As long as the physician acknowledges that he reviewed this, I say you're ok counting it.

Lisi, CPC
 
Top