• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

Revision of reconstructed breast & open periprosthetic capsulotomy

lnaschke

Guest
Messages
41
I have a denial from a payer who states that the capsulotomy which was billed separately will not be reimbursed because the payer considers it to be "integral" to the success of the revision.
Here are the ops notes for the procedure..."Fat grafting was performed using10cc syringes and Coleman grafting cannula, types 1, 2 and 3. The following amounts of fat were granted into the follwoing areas: Right medial breast 12 ml, left medial breast 9 ml, left superomedical breast 15 ml, right superomedial breast 5 ml and left superolateral breast 5 ml..."

Based on what was in the notes, I think we probably shouldn't have billed the revision code, just the capsulotomy. Am I wrong? Do I have grounds for an appeal here?
 
Top