Wiki RN/CPC looking for PT - Remote Coding work

CBenn7630

Best answers
I am a Registered Nurse and a CPC. I need to find Part Time work from home to do at night and weekends to supplement my income. I have experience with chart reviews for medical necessity. I have worked with Medicare, Tennessee Medicaid (TennCare), and commercial products. If you have anything available please contact me. My resume':
125 ADRIENNE LANE
PHONE 423-902-4438
WORK 423-535-5349
E-MAIL CBENN7630@AOL.COM

CHERYL BENNETT

EMPLOYMENT

1995-Present Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee Chattanooga, TN
Healthcare Service Coordinator/Supervisor/Sr. Nurse Consultant/Clinical Educator
 Leadership/Supervise of 30 registered nurses
 Develop and conduct educational training material for clinical and non-clinical employees
 Develop, conduct and maintain policies and procedures for several departments
 Assisted with development of Commercial appeals department
 Educated and trained internal employees and provider community with respect to Medicare and Medicaid
 Developed and completed appeal process for Commercial and Medicare DME products
 Conduct quality checks for clinical and non-clinical staff. Results forwarded to upper management for second level appeals for DME
 Experience in UM for Commercial, Managed Care Products, TennCare and Medicare products
 Completed questions and answers for (Inter-Reviewer Reliability (IRR)) timely and accurately
 Experience with Pricing and Coding for Commercial and BlueCare claims
 Review claims for medical necessity based upon CMS (formerly known as HCFA) guidelines
 Worked appeals and reconsiderations directly with physician?s office
 Handle special projects delegated by Management

1990-1995 Various Hospitals in Tennessee Chattanooga, TN
Registered Nurse
 Nurse Labor and Delivery- East Ridge Hospital
 Supervisory/Charge nurse for newborn nursery ? East Ridge Hospital
 Supervised Home Health Aides-Superior Home Health
 Staff Nurse- Superior Home Health
 Patient Care ? Hutcheson Medical Center
 Pediatric Patient Care- Memorial
 Maintained coverage of entire hospital on the IV team
 Patient care medical/surgical floor, trauma step-down unit, orthopedics- Contin-U-Care
 Patient Care at Erlanger Medical Center- Contin-U-Care
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS

 Leadership Experience: 21 years of combined leadership and professional business experience. Includes direct employee supervision, administration, customer service, personnel training and development, Quality reviews, Clinical, cost containment, data analysis, and problem resolution.
 Knowledge Strengths: Excellent knowledge of CMS guidelines, FISS, Excel, Word, Access, CPT books, AS400, Amisys, Facets, Optimed, and CareAdvance.
 Technical Skills: Proficient in MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint software programs, FISS, CPT, AS400, Amisys, Facets, Optimed and CareAdvance system.
 Excellent organizational, leadership, interpersonal and communication skills. High level of initiative and self-motivation. Big picture oriented and enjoy using creative and flexible means to effectively problem solve. Able to function independently and manage large groups of diverse staff and tasks efficiently.

EDUCATION

1989-1992 Chattanooga State Technical Community College
Chattanooga, TN
Associates Degree - Nursing

2000-2001 Covenant College
Lookout Mountain, GA
Bachelor of Science- Organizational Management

Skills and additional information
Certified Professional Coder- CPC
Published article, The Coding Edge
5+ years Clinical experience
7+ years diversified systems experience