Wiki RN trying to enter field

alecia517

Best answers
I am currently a RN with my MSN and 15 years of experience in the operating room. I passed the CPC certification exam at the end of October 2022. Since passing the exam I have applied to over 100 jobs and have been turned down for every one of them. I am becoming extremely frustrated and I'm beginning to wonder if the time and energy spent taking the class and passing the exam was a complete waste of time. Has anyone had similar experiences? Can anyone offer suggestions? Any insight is appreciated.

I am in the same boat. LPN for 12 years and 15+ in the medical field. I've tried tweaking my resume to be more skills based and still have not received a single call back for an interview. On Indeed, LinkedIn and other websites, I am continuously getting hits to utilize my nursing license and when I let them know I am transitioning into coding it becomes radio silence. It is extremely discouraging and I have the same thoughts. I wish I had suggestions to offer but all I can do is offer moral support that you are not alone. I feel like the only way in at this time is to know someone in the field that can help get your foot in the door. As they say, it's not what you know but rather who you know. :(