Wiki RNC seeing patients

Lisapurple216

Networker
Best answers
Can an RNC see patients? I have researched this as throughly as I can and can find nothing indicating that a certification is anything more than saying they are specialized in that field. I have a provider who works with an RNC who see's the patient then the provider reviews the chart and adjusts meds or writes scripts. I have been to both the Provider and the Medical Director who both tell me I'm wrong and of course "this is the way we've always done it". I am in the process of going to our compliance officer but want to be absolutley sure I'm not missing something. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge that could help me. I could find nothing at the BOA regarding this or on the state nursing pact. I feel the RNC can do nothing more than any other ancillary staff. Thanks so much.

An RNC is a registered nurse that has taken an exam to obtain extra recognition in a given specialty. They cannot be the primary care giver. The provider must be the one to see and evaluate the patients. My concern is what are the patients being told as far as who is examining them. Is thenRNC being to referred to as a nurse as in the nurse will be examine you, or as a provider as in the provider will see you now. You can obtain infor on RN limitations from your state board of licensing.